Ever wondered where is your lead coming from or what platforms drive most of the traffic to your website? Sure! You might have. When you establish lead generation campaigns for your website, it becomes important for you to know the source of your leads.
A set up of lead source tracking on the website, will help you gain insights on your visitors and their leads. So, let’s get started with how to track form conversions of your site in Google analytics.
Easily track form conversions in Google Analytics
Tracking the form conversions is one of the most time-consuming task you could be performing for your website. You are loaded with the responsibility of inserting an extra tracking code on your website, every time a lead generation form is published, which is more tedious when you have placed lead generation forms everywhere on your site.
Fret not, MosnterInsights got your back. Using MonsterInsights you can easily setup form conversion tracking in Google Analytics, this will automatically track all the form conversions without any issue in the code.
How to implement the solution?
Well, now you know that MonsterInsights is the solution to your tedious form conversion tracking in Google Analytics, let’s also understand how you get this into play.
- Install and activate MonsterInsights Forms addon.
- Connect it with Google Analytics
- Navigate from Insights >> Addons
- Click on “Install” under the “Forms” addon.
- After the installation, click on “Activate”
- MosnterInsights will now automatically start recording data of your forms, navigate form Insights >> Reports >> Forms to view the report.
Easily track lead source in Google Analytics
Once, the conversion tracking is setup in Google analytics, it’s time to follow up the sources that drive leads to your website.
MonsterInsights has got a role to play here as well. It shows you the performance of your forms and helps in analyzing the forms that converts best and where the leads come from etc. to make your lead source easy.
To enable the easy tracking of lead source with MosnterInsghts you need to follow the below steps.
Here’s how you do it.
- Log in to your Google Analytics account.
- Navigate from Behavior >> Events >> Top Events from Menu.
- You will find forms as an event category. Click on “Form”.
- Click on “Conversions”.
- Click on the interested form to find its source.
- Click on the “Secondary dimension” dropdown menu.
- Select “Source/Medium”.
This will show you all the sources your visitors come from and who completed your form. Further, you can use advanced filter and narrow down the data you are actually interested in.
- Click on advance, found next to the search bar.
- Navigate through Include >> Source/Medium >> Containing
- Enter “referral” in last field.
- Click Apply.
You will view only the display referral sources now. Using advance filter you can dive deep into the form conversion sources.
Alternative to track your form conversions!
You can also use WPForms to track your form conversions. The ‘User Jouney” addon in WPForms records the path of the visitor and hence makes it easy to track the lead source. But you will need a Pro version to access the reports.
Here’s how you do it.
- Install and activate the addon from WPForms.
- From WordPress admin, go to WPForms and click on “Addons”.
- Select “User Journey” addon and click on “Install”.
- After activation, go to WPForms and the Entries.
- Now select the interested form, you will now see the list of entries.
- Click on “view” and see the journey of your visitor.
This report shows the pages your visitor viewed, and also the time, date and duration of viewing. You can click on “info” icon to view the URL parameter of the page and open it by clicking on “Open window in a New Tab” icon.
Well, all this data you get from tracking the form conversion and lead sources will help you generate effective campaigns on the most profitable platforms and yield the best results for the website and your business.